- This event has passed.
Board Election for Operational Year 21/22
Monday, April 19th, 2021 - Monday, May 3rd, 2021
Applications for the The Society of International Affairs (UF Gothenburg) board of 2021/2022 have officially opened!
The available positions are:
– Responsible for the management of the association and lead the work of the board.
– Calling for board meetings.
– Responsible for membership recruitment together with the Vice President.
– Manage relations with external contacts of the association and represent the association in different contexts, such as speaking at conventions or participating in social events.
- Vice President:
– Share some of the tasks of the President and collaborate with the President in decision-making.
– Help develop the UF’s structure and budget.
– Responsible for membership recruitment together with President
– Responsible for the internal organization, responding to enquiries from board members, partners and the public.
– Manage the bookkeeping and administer ingoing and outgoing payments.
– Responsible for applying and reporting on grants.
– Responsible for drawing up the budget each semester.
– Handle the membership registry.
– Write the protocols at the board meetings.
– Help develop the UF’s structure
– Get experience in how the society works from an economic, legal and organizational perspective.
- UF Youth Ambassador:
– Reach out to and collaborate with high schools, youth organizations and students under the age of 26 in the Gothenburg region to engage younger people, who are a key target group for the association.
– The tasks include setting up contact with high schools, organizing events at high schools, as well as holding events for high schoolers at the university.
– Work closely and aided in your work by the PR and Lecture committees.
- Heads of the Lecture Committee:
– Planning and hosting lectures throughout the semesters.
– Manage your budget, book lecture halls and coordinate security measures on some instances, organize the work of the active members in the committee effectively.
– As a fun bonus; have the chance to meet and have dinner with many of the invited lecturers.
- Editors-in-chief of Utblick:
– Lead the work of the editorial staff of our magazine on international affairs.
– Manage contact with the printing house, providing feedback to writers’ ideas as well as editing the magazine.
– Keep the website of Utblick updated with new articles regularly.
- Head of the PR committee:
– Multiple areas of responsibility within public relations, including posting our events on our social media platforms and create content and being active on our social media.
– Informing on how to become active in UF Gothenburg at events.
– Writing newsletters, designing posters for events, and creating a marketing strategy for events together with the other committees.
- Heads of the Social Committee:
– Responsible for organizing and hosting film screenings, Fika Politica and quiz nights, and various social gatherings for members.
– Find a topic for the debate café Fika Politica around a topic related to the current state of affairs internationally and moderate the event.
- Head of the podcast The Global Inn:
– Recruit and work closely with an editorial team and decide on a theme, conduct interviews, record, edit and broadcast episodes on a regular basis.
– Make sure the radio show is regularly broadcasted and cooperate with K103.
– Find and cooperate with external organizations and guests to have a continuous relation.
- Head of the Travel Committee:
– Organize study trips (preferably two study trips a year, abroad and/or domestic)
– Responsible for creating a small group of people that can assist with the planning and of the trips.
– The trips are partly funded through grants, so keep in mind that going on trips requires you to spend some of your private money.
- Head of the MUN committee:
– Recruit participants for local simulations and delegates for conferences in Sweden and abroad.
– Coordinate practical matters like travel and housing. To assist you with these tasks, you have the active members in the MUN committee.
– Accommodation and travel to international conferences are only partly funded by grants, holding this position requires you to spend some of your personal money.
- Representative to SAIA (UFS):
– As a representative to the Swedish Association of International Affairs (SAIA), you will represent UF Gothenburg in the national board, and represent SAIA in our local board.
– Participation in all meetings of the national board, keeping yourself well informed regarding the situation in the member association.
– Contributing and assisting at projects arranged by SAIA, learning what rules and guidelines are applied within the association among other things.
- Member of the Election Committee:
– Responsible for reviewing applications, interviewing and nominating candidates for board positions.
– Keep in mind that by-elections can be held several times a year.
– Have continuous contact with the presidium to evaluate job descriptions.
- Activity auditor:
– The role of the activity auditor is to make sure the new board follows the operational plan decided upon by the annual meeting assembly.
Interested in any of these positions or know anyone who would? Please fill out this application form and spread the word: